Cannot generate my own naive agent

Discussion about the provided sample agent.

Cannot generate my own naive agent

Postby Sergio » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:32 pm

Hi all,

I'm trying to generate my own naive agent. The aim is to get the same agent as the provided one from the website, just for checking whether it works, but I am finding some problems. When I try to run my "ABSoftware.jar" file (I've removed the previous one obtained by the unzipped file downloaded) generated and compiled by ant1.7 (as ABDoc1.7 shows), I've found the next exception:

$ java -jar ABSoftware.jar -na 1

You are trying to connect to an unknown host!
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java:58)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at ab.demo.other.ClientActionRobot.configure(Unknown Source)
at ab.demo.ClientNaiveAgent.run(Unknown Source)
at ab.demo.ClientNaiveAgent.main(Unknown Source)
... 5 more

I have not changed/modified any lane of any *.java, just compiled and generated the jar file. I also have seen the content of both ABSoftware.jar are different.

I would like to know if possible if someone else has had the same problem as me. If so... how could I generate it correctly? where is my problem?

Thanks a lot.
Sergio

Re: Cannot generate my own naive agent

Postby Gary » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:08 pm

Hello Sergio

Can you please try the following:

open build.xml

replace "<attribute name="Rsrc-Main-Class" value="ab.demo.ClientNaiveAgent"/>" with <attribute name="Rsrc-Main-Class" value="ab.demo.MainEntry"/>

Sorry for the confusion

Smile
Gary
Gary

Postby Sergio » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:19 pm

Hi Gary,

I'm sorry for this late answer. True, It was my problem, thanks. I looked up some information about creating my own build before checking your message and that was the point (I've also seen that you fixed it on the last new version).

I had to study last months and now I want to retake it for having a decent algorithm the next year :)

Cheers.
Sergio

Postby Gary » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:29 pm

Good luck ! : )
Gary

Return to Naive Agent