Fail at detecting WON state

Did you find any bugs that should be fixed?

Fail at detecting WON state

Postby Diego Cerdán » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:00 am

I think there is a problem with the WON state recognition.

If you win and the Server takes a screenshot to detect the state, it happend sometimes that the screenshot is taken in the exact moment where the flying stars are on the screen so the detection of the WON state fails. I'm not 100% sure as I don't know if the Server code is using the gamewon.png resource file to check the WON state.

A workaround would be detecting a black rectangle in the bottom (that is not reached by flying stars) so we know we finish the level, and then check for gamelost.png to decide if we LOST. If we don't LOST we know we WON.
Diego Cerdán

Re: Fail at detecting WON state

Postby Jochen » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:10 pm

Hi Diego,

thanks for pointing that out, we will look into it. Your suggestion sounds good!

Maybe it doesn't happen to us because we wait 15 seconds after every shot and then the stars are usually all gone.

Jochen
Jochen

Postby Diego Cerdán » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:19 pm

Hi Jochen,

for me it only happends when I have delayed win situation. Maybe the pig is rolling extremely slowly and it dies in the last second. Then the screenshot is taken with the stars messing the detection.

Cheers,
Diego
Diego Cerdán

Postby Jochen » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:39 pm

Hi,

we fixed the bug (it works on all our machines now) and uploaded a new version (abV1.22.zip).
Please download here: https://aibirds.org/Software/AngryBirds/abV1.22.zip

This version now includes the improved white bird detection and the improved won screen detection in addition to all the updates from version 1.2.

Jochen
Jochen

Return to Bugs